- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. — Idell Baert, 90, of Chaffee passed away Monday, Nov. 17, 2008.
She was born Aug. 26, 1918, at Scopus, Mo., to the late John and Frances Welker Hanners. Idell and Robert A. Baert were married July 11, 1942. He preceded her in death May 10, 1991.
Idell retired from Florsheim Shoe Co. in Chaffee. She was a member of the General Baptist Church in Chaffee.
Idell was a great cook and loved cooking for her family. She liked to quilt and travel. She enjoyed going out to drink her morning coffee with her daughter.
Survivors include a son, Robert "Bob" Baert of Chaffee, three daughters, Ruth Ann Sadler of Chaffee, Helen Gill-Wilferth of Jackson and Dorothy Bowers of Gordonville; seven grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; and a great-great granddaughter.
Seven brothers and sisters preceded her in death.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the chapel, with the Rev. Joe Payne officiating. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery in Chaffee.