- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Cape Girardeau woman given six years in prison, Cape man pleads guilty to drug trafficking
A Cape Girardeau woman was sentenced to six years on drug trafficking convictions in federal court Monday and a Cape Girardeau man pleaded guilty to distributing drugs, according to news releases from U.S. Attorney Catherine Hanaway's office.
Misty Raye Edmonds, 31, was previously convicted on three felony counts of distributing five grams or more of cocaine base.
Edmonds' convictions stem from events in May and June this year, when Edmonds sold varying amounts of the drug to informants at her Cape Girardeau County home.
Marquies Cymone Boyd, 24, pleaded guilty to four felony counts of distribution of cocaine base. With the plea Boyd admitted to selling crack cocaine to an information four times in May and June. His sentencing is set for Feb. 17.