- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Carl and Donna Eakins of Cape Girardeau announce the engagement of their daughter, Michelle Lynne Eakins, to Bryan David Copeland. He is the son of John and Doris Copeland of Keithville, La.
Eakins is a 1992 graduate of Central High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in business administration from Southeast Missouri State University in 1997. She is a senior marketing coordinator with Carter and Burgess Inc. in Dallas, Texas.
Copeland received a bachelor of science degree in civil engineering from Louisiana State University in 1991. He is a civil engineer with Carter and Burgess.
An Oct. 30 wedding is planned at Prestonwood Baptist Church in Plano, Texas.