- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Franklin Charles Neihart, 58, of Fenton, Mo., died Saturday, Nov. 15, 2008, at St. John's Mercy Medical Center in Creve Coeur, Mo.
He was born Dec. 8, 1949, in Cape Girardeau, son of Franklin Charles and Ruby Lemonds Neihart. He and Cheryl Reinhardt were married Oct. 19, 1985, in St. Louis. She survives.
Neihart was a decorated Marine veteran of the Vietnam War. He was a lifetime member of the High Ridge, Mo., VFW Post 6516. He was an avid Cardinal baseball fan and enjoyed fishing and camping.
He is survived by his wife; a son, Matthew Neihart of Fenton; his mother, Ruby Neihart of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Gregory (Nancy) Neihart of Austin, Texas; a sister, Ruth Ellen (Jack) Carey of Belleville, Ill.; and a grandchild, Chase Neihart of Fenton.
He was preceded in death by his father and a brother, Marty Von Bertling.
Friends may call from 10 to 11 a.m. Wednesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Cy Smith officiating. Burial will be at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery in St. Louis.
Memorials may be made to Disabled American Veterans, March of Dimes or the Burn Recovery Group of St. John's Mercy Medical Center in Creve Coeur.