- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Debates offer clear choice
To the editor:
The debate between John Edwards and Dick Cheney presented us with a choice.
John Edwards shared an optimistic vision for the next four years and hope for our children's future. No one wants their children looking towards wars and struggle when we can have peace and prosperity.
Dick Cheney has been running this country's foreign policy for the past four years and has a record of failure and deceit. He refuses to admit his own failures, and expects us to elect him again and send more of our children into harms way. I can't think of a more stubborn, mean spirited approach to our future. Let's retire this career bureaucrat.
The vice presidential debate made it clear that John Kerry and John Edwards are the right choice for our children and grandchildren.
JOHN BOGET, Anna, Ill.