- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Debates offer clear choice
To the editor:
The debate between John Edwards and Dick Cheney presented us with a choice.
John Edwards shared an optimistic vision for the next four years and hope for our children's future. No one wants their children looking towards wars and struggle when we can have peace and prosperity.
Dick Cheney has been running this country's foreign policy for the past four years and has a record of failure and deceit. He refuses to admit his own failures, and expects us to elect him again and send more of our children into harms way. I can't think of a more stubborn, mean spirited approach to our future. Let's retire this career bureaucrat.
The vice presidential debate made it clear that John Kerry and John Edwards are the right choice for our children and grandchildren.
JOHN BOGET, Anna, Ill.