- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)11
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
Debates offer clear choice
To the editor:
The debate between John Edwards and Dick Cheney presented us with a choice.
John Edwards shared an optimistic vision for the next four years and hope for our children's future. No one wants their children looking towards wars and struggle when we can have peace and prosperity.
Dick Cheney has been running this country's foreign policy for the past four years and has a record of failure and deceit. He refuses to admit his own failures, and expects us to elect him again and send more of our children into harms way. I can't think of a more stubborn, mean spirited approach to our future. Let's retire this career bureaucrat.
The vice presidential debate made it clear that John Kerry and John Edwards are the right choice for our children and grandchildren.
JOHN BOGET, Anna, Ill.