- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
Debates offer clear choice
To the editor:
The debate between John Edwards and Dick Cheney presented us with a choice.
John Edwards shared an optimistic vision for the next four years and hope for our children's future. No one wants their children looking towards wars and struggle when we can have peace and prosperity.
Dick Cheney has been running this country's foreign policy for the past four years and has a record of failure and deceit. He refuses to admit his own failures, and expects us to elect him again and send more of our children into harms way. I can't think of a more stubborn, mean spirited approach to our future. Let's retire this career bureaucrat.
The vice presidential debate made it clear that John Kerry and John Edwards are the right choice for our children and grandchildren.
JOHN BOGET, Anna, Ill.