- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting (5/28/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Debates offer clear choice
To the editor:
The debate between John Edwards and Dick Cheney presented us with a choice.
John Edwards shared an optimistic vision for the next four years and hope for our children's future. No one wants their children looking towards wars and struggle when we can have peace and prosperity.
Dick Cheney has been running this country's foreign policy for the past four years and has a record of failure and deceit. He refuses to admit his own failures, and expects us to elect him again and send more of our children into harms way. I can't think of a more stubborn, mean spirited approach to our future. Let's retire this career bureaucrat.
The vice presidential debate made it clear that John Kerry and John Edwards are the right choice for our children and grandchildren.
JOHN BOGET, Anna, Ill.