- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Walters - Rhodes
Melissa Diane Walters and Shannon Layne Rhodes exchanged vows Oct. 18, 2008, at Pine Ridge Manor in Carbondale, Ill. Michael Wright of Cape Girardeau performed the lakeside ceremony.
Parents of the couple are Mr. and Mrs. David Walters of Gordonville and Mr. and Mrs. Everett Rhodes of Jackson.
Maid of honor was Lindsay Wilkes-Edrington of Providence, R.I. Bridesmaids were Leah Wright and Sarah Lasater of Cape Girardeau.
Benji Hillis of Poplar Bluff, Mo., uncle of the groom, was best man. Groomsmen were Trent Teague of Cape Girardeau and Zackary Ruesler of Columbia, Mo. Ushers were Ryan and Adam Walters of St. Louis, brothers of the bride, and Kyle and Levi Rhodes of Jackson, brothers of the groom.
The reception was held in the courtyard at the manor.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Oct. 17 at the manor.
Mrs. Rhodes is a 2004 graduate of Jackson High School. She received a bachelor's degree in interdisciplinary studies from the University of Missouri in 2007.
The groom is a 2001 graduate of Jackson High School. He received a bachelor's degree in agribusiness/horticulture from Southeast Missouri State University in 2007.
After a wedding trip to coastal Northern California, the couple is residing in St. Louis.