- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Sopko - 25 years
Mr. and Mrs. Matt Sopko of Bonne Terre, Mo., celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary with a family dinner. They are formerly of Cape Girardeau.
Sopko and Debbie Hall were married Jan. 8, 1983, at Scriptural Evangelical Lutheran Church at Egypt Mills, by the Rev. Henry Gieschen. Their attendants were John and Vera Jean Hall.
The couple has two children, Kristin Sopko of St. Louis and Erik Sopko of the home.
Sopko is an associate professor at Mineral Area College. Mrs. Sopko is a special education teacher with North County School District.