- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Norma Bass Reese, 88, of Biloxi, Miss., formerly of Cape Girardeau, died Tuesday, Nov. 11, 2008, in Biloxi.
She was born Jan. 22, 1920, in Oran, Mo., daughter of August and Jannie Penatta Miller Lovellette. She and Samuel Everett Bass were married in 1935 in Cape Girardeau. He died in 1974. She married Harry A. Reese in April 1980 in Cape Girardeau. He died in 1999.
Reese was a member of the Methodist church in Oran.
Survivors include two daughters, Joyce Ballard of Biloxi, Jannie Fox of Commerce, Texas; seven grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; and seven great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, seven sisters and two brothers.
Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating. Burial will be in Friends Cemetery at Oran.