- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Evelyn Louise Smith, 92, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Nov. 12, 2008, at Fountain-bleau Lodge.
She was born March 5, 1916, at Ancell, daughter of William and Amelia Sander Walter. She and Claude Lee Smith were married June 15, 1935. He died Jan. 2, 1987.
Smith owned and operated Roadhouse Cafe in Scott City more than 30 years. She was a member of Eisleben Lutheran Church and its Ladies Aid many years.
She is survived by a daughter, Claudett Smith of New Madrid, Mo.
She was preceded in death by a son, three brothers and three sisters.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Robert Azinger officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.