- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Evert J. "Bud" Jaco, 65, of Nevada, Mo., formerly of Cape Girardeau, passed away Monday, Nov. 3, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
He was born Oct. 9, 1943, in El Paso, Texas, to Elmer E. and Mary J. Lashley Jaco. He and Jane Lanzrath were married April 10, 2008, in Nevada, Mo.
Bud attended Cape Girardeau Central High School. He pursued a 21-year military career in the U.S. Navy, retiring in 1980.
He was a wrangler near Gunnison, Colo., many years, then returned to Cape Girardeau and worked in maintenance at Central High School. He then moved to Kansas and worked at Emporia High School.
Loving survivors include his wife, Jane, of Nevada; a sister, Barbara Sexton, of Cape Girardeau; three sons, Kenny, Dean and Robert Jaco of California; three stepgrandchildren, Triston, Hannah and Mikayla; two nieces, Rhonda Sexton and Diana Neilson; two great-nieces, Stephanie and Tiffany Buttelwerth; and a great-nephew, Donald Buttelwerth.
He was preceded in death by a son, Billy Joe Jaco, and his parents.
McCombs Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau is in charge of arrangements.
There will be a private memorial service at a later date. Final resting place will be Post Oak Cemetery in Bollinger County.
The family suggests memorials to the Humane Society of Southeast Missouri, 2536 Boutin Drive, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63701.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.