- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Health calendar 11/11/08
* Diabetes self-management support group: 1 to 2 p.m. Diabetes Center, 15 Doctors Park. The program "Fifty-One Healthy Foods You Should Know About" will review a list of foods that should be part of a well-balanced diet. To register or for more information, call the Diabetes Center at 339-0121.
* Flu vaccine clinic: 7:30 to 10 a.m. Health and Wellness Center conference rooms. Flu vaccines will be available while supplies last. Call 573-331-5316 for more information. There is a fee.
* Bioness therapy screening: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Wellness Connection in West Park Mall. The electrical stimulation therapy available to stroke, spinal cord and brain-injured patients will be explained. Physical therapists will fit the Bioness devices and discuss the advantages of the therapy. The screening is free, but an appointment is necessary. Call 573-986-4411 for an appointment.
* Flu vaccines: 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at HealthPoint. Open to the public. Fee can be paid with cash or check only. Insurance billing is not available. The vaccine will be administered only to those 18 years of age or older.
* Arthritis and fibromyalgia education series: noon at the Health and Wellness Center conference room 1. Healthy Lifestyles for Those With Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus. Lunch provided at a cost. To register, call 573-331-5880 or 888-216-3293.