- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)4
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)7
ESSEX, Mo. — Margaret Overbey Lumsden, 90, formerly of Essex, died Sunday, Nov. 9, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born April 14, 1918, in Murray, Ky., daughter of Buron and Virginia Luder Overbey. She and Harold Lumsden were married Nov. 25, 1937, in Murray. He died Oct. 30, 1998.
She attended Murray public schools and Murray State University. For 78 years she was a faithful member of United Methodist Church in Essex.
Survivors include a son, Stan Lumsden of Bloomfield, Mo.; a daughter, Jane Twaddell of Cape Girardeau; five grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter and a brother.
Friends may call from noon to 2 p.m. Thursday at Rainey-Mathis Funeral Home in Dexter. A graveside service will be conducted at 2 p.m. Thursday at the Dexter, Mo., Cemetery.