- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ESSEX, Mo. — Margaret Overbey Lumsden, 90, formerly of Essex, died Sunday, Nov. 9, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born April 14, 1918, in Murray, Ky., daughter of Buron and Virginia Luder Overbey. She and Harold Lumsden were married Nov. 25, 1937, in Murray. He died Oct. 30, 1998.
She attended Murray public schools and Murray State University. For 78 years she was a faithful member of United Methodist Church in Essex.
Survivors include a son, Stan Lumsden of Bloomfield, Mo.; a daughter, Jane Twaddell of Cape Girardeau; five grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter and a brother.
Friends may call from noon to 2 p.m. Thursday at Rainey-Mathis Funeral Home in Dexter. A graveside service will be conducted at 2 p.m. Thursday at the Dexter, Mo., Cemetery.