- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Cape Girardeau resident arrested following one-vehicle accident
A Cape Girardeau female was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated following a one-vehicle wreck Saturday on Route Y in Cape Girardeau, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol crash reports website.
Heather N. Brace, age unknown, was driving a 2005 Ford Ranger westbound at around 5:10 a.m. Sunday one-half mile east of Route W when she failed to negotiate a curve and ran off the right side of the roadway. Brace then over corrected her steering. The vehicle returned to the roadway and overturned on its top.
Brace was transported by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau, where she was treated for moderate injuries.