- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Government offices closed on Veterans Day
The following offices will be closed today in observance of Veterans Day: the cities of Cape Girardeau, Jackson and Scott City; Cape Girardeau, Scott and Bollinger counties; all state and federal offices; and U.S. post offices.
Today's public works pickups in Cape Girardeau and Jackson will be moved to Wednesday, with no Wednesday special pickups for bulky items in Cape Girardeau. Thursday and Friday trash and recycling routes remain the same. The closure does not affect Scott City pickups. For questions on Cape Girardeau pickup schedules, call 334-9151; in Jackson, call 243-2300.
Emergency services will continue to operate during the closure.