- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Caruthersville man arrested in weekend stabbing
CARUTHERSVILLE, Mo. -- The alleged assailant in a Caruthersville weekend stabbing was in jail this morning in lieu of a $30,000 bond.
Caruthersville Police arrested Roosevelt Jones, 56, of Caruthersville after responding to a report of a stabbing at 12:47 a.m. Friday at 930 Adams St. At the scene, they found Stoutweeda Larry, 30, suffering from a stab wound to the neck.
Larry was flown to a Memphis, Tenn., hospital for treatment. According to a news release issued by Caruthersville City Marshal Chris Riggs, she is now listed in stable condition.
Jones is being held in the Pemiscot County Jail on warrants charging him with first-degree assault and armed criminal action.