- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)12
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
- Missouri governor indicted on invasion of privacy charge (2/23/18)5
LFCS and Kasten
Vernon L. Kasten of Jackson was, until his death in 2004, involved with and a supporter of many community endeavors that were uplifting and provided opportunities to countless individuals. Among so many other things, Kasten was known for his devotion to his family. This spilled over to organizations like the Lutheran Family and Children's Services of Missouri, which recently dedicated its fine new facility on Blattner Drive in Cape Girardeau in honor of Kasten.
During his full and active life, Kasten was president of several family enterprises, including Kasten Concrete Products in Cape Girardeau and Kasten Clay Products and Kasten Masonry Sales in Jackson. He also was a co-founder of the Ceramo Co. in Jackson.
At the Lutheran Family and Children's Services facility, Kasten is remembered as someone who loved children and as someone who cared about the needs of others. He acted on those needs and concerns by devoting countless time and contributions to organizations and activities aimed at improving the opportunities and welfare of so many individuals, young and old.
Congratulations to the Lutheran Family and Children's Services on its new facility, and special congratulations to Vernon Kasten and his family, which remains just as committed to his high ideals.