- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Betty Witzman Baugher
OLIVE BRANCH, Ill. — Betty Witzman Baugher, 73, of Olive Branch died Saturday, Nov. 8, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born June 4, 1935, in Alexander County, Ill., to Clettes Earl and Julia Kelley Walden. She and Harold W. Witzman were married March 20, 1954. He died Feb. 15, 1991. She and Richard Baugher were married July 27, 2002.
Baugher was a member of the Miracle Center. She was employed for more than 20 years as a lab technician for Abbott Laboratories where she earned an award for developing a test kit for the rotavirus.
She is survived by her husband; a son, Rocky Earl Witzman of Wildwood, Mo.; two daughters, Marilyn Kay Rice of Olive Branch and Jerri Elaine Rogers of Beach Park, Ill.; seven grandchildren; a great-granddaughter; and a brother, Don Walden of Olive Branch.
She was preceded in death by her first husband, her parents, two grandsons and a brother.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Gail Fuhr officiating. Interment will be in Olive Branch Cemetery.