- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Detring - holt
Meredith Dawn Detring and Jason Kyle Holt were married June 28, 2008, at New McKendree United Methodist Church in Jackson. The Rev. John Rice performed the ceremony. Organist was Linda Thompson of Jackson, and violinist was Megan Dement of Tulsa, Okla., cousin of the bride.
The bride is the daughter of Dr. Kenneth and Dawn Detring of Jackson. The groom is the son of Steve Holt of Wappapello, Mo., and Sharon Barlow of Anna, Ill.
Matron of honor was Amanda Bonfanti of Wildwood, Mo., and maid of honor was Sarah Detring of Oxford, Miss., sisters of the bride.
Jonathan Holt was best man and Brian Holt was groomsman, both of Advance and brothers of the groom.
The reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson. Servers, guest book and program attendants were Natalie Townsend and Ashton Lee of Chaffee, Mo., Theresa Gray of Jackson, and Natalie Jones of Cape Girardeau.
The groom's mother hosted the rehearsal dinner June 27 at the KC Hall, with 38 guests attending.
Mrs. Holt received a bachelor of science degree in dietetics from Southeast Missouri State University in 2007. She is a WIC nutritionist at Stoddard County Public Health Center in Bloomfield, Mo.
The groom is employed at Schaefer's Electrical Enclosures in Advance.
After a wedding trip to Las Vegas, the couple is residing in Dexter, Mo.