- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Danny Clubb Sr.
Danny Clubb Sr.
Danny Eugene Clubb Sr., 71, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Nov. 7, 2008, at his home.
He was born July 17, 1937, in Thebes, Ill., son of Daniel Eugene and Ruby Marie Dunn Clubb. He and Mary L. Holloway Clubb were married Nov. 8, 1958, in Cape Girardeau.
Clubb served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War. He started with the Cape Girardeau Police Department in 1961. He left the department in 1978 as a lieutenant. He then went to work at the Scott City Police Department. He retired in July 2002 as chief of police.
Survivors include his wife of Cape Girardeau; two sons, Danny E. Clubb Jr. of Schererville, Ind., Brian K. Clubb of Festus, Mo.; a brother, Bruce G. Clubb of Thebes; and seven grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a daughter.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Danny E. Clubb Jr. and Bruce Clubb officiating.
Burial will be in Rose Hill Cemetery in Thebes with full military honors.