- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Mary Lou Reid, 71, of St. Charles, Mo., died Wednesday, Nov. 5, 2008, at Fairwinds River Edge in St. Charles.
She was born Jan. 24, 1937, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Donald and Deana Thompson Caldwell. She and William Robert Reid were married Dec. 27, 1969, in St. Louis.
Reid was a member of Riverside Community Church in St. Charles. She was a bus driver with Hazelwood School District 23 years.
Survivors include her husband; four sons, Kent Reid of Smithville, Mo., Kevin Reid of Thomasville, Ga., Kyle Reid of O'Fallon, Mo., Kreg Reid of Liberty, Mo.; three brothers, Larry, Mike and Tim Caldwell, all of Cape Girardeau; three sisters, Janet Whitlock and Pam Gibbar of Cape Girardeau, Karen Gibbs of Scott City; and eight grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Friends may call from 5 to 9 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jerry LaRose officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.