- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Willie Lee Harris, 60, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Oct. 31, 2008, at his home.
He was born July 14, 1948, in Marion, Ark., son of Sylvester and Mozella Bass Harris.
Harris was a self-employed mechanic and lawn-care provider.
Survivors include his ex-wife, Esther Harris of Marietta, Ga.; six sons, Willie Harris Jr. and Dorian Harris of South Bend, Ind., Christopher Harris of Smyrna, Ga., Bryant Harris of Marietta, Ga., Nathan and Nathaniel Harris of Cape Girardeau; three daughters, Darnisha and Dakia Harris and Katrina Davis, all of South Bend.
Also four brothers, Jimmy Harris of Marietta, Jerry Harris of Kennesaw, Ga., Lawrence Harris of Cartersville, Ga., Lonnie Harris of Fort Wayne, Ind.; eight sisters, Edna Sampson of Memphis, Tenn., Alma Trawick of Indianapolis, Shirley Thomas of South Bend, Barbara Archer and Charlene Harris of Smyrna, Helen Harris and Deborah Mathis of Marietta, Flora Harris of Tumbling, Ga.; 20 grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to service time Friday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Johnny Thomas officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.