- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Mabel E. Buchheit, 84, of Perryville died Wednesday, Nov. 5, 2008, at Independence Court.
She was born May 5, 1924, in Kingston, N.Y., daughter of Willis and Anna Clapper Warren. She and August H. Buchheit were married Nov. 6, 1944, at Camp Upton Long Island, N.Y. He died Dec. 21, 2007.
Buchheit was employed 22 years at International Shoe Co. She was a former member of American Legion Post 133.
She served in the Women's Army Corps during World War II.
Survivors include four sons, Bruce Buchheit of Perryville, Steve Buchheit of Springfield, Mo., Daniel Buchheit of Columbia, Mo., Stanley Buchheit of Chester, Ill.; a daughter, Joan Jany of Chester; 13 grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by five sisters and three brothers.
Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday and 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Saturday at Miller Family Funeral Home. Parish prayers will be at 7 p.m. Friday. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Saturday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Apple Creek, Mo., with the Rev. Tony Dattilo officiating. Burial will be in St. Michael's Cemetery with military honors provided by American Legion Post 133.