- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Norman Cook, 72, of Jackson died Tuesday, Nov. 4, 2008, at the family home in Jackson.
He was born Jan. 5, 1936, in Bessville, Mo., son of Henry Lee and Luddie Iona Garland Cook. He and Doris Jean Leadbetter were married Sept. 1, 1956.
Cook was a maintenance worker at Deal Nursing Home in Jackson. He was formerly of Marble Hill, Mo., and a member of Hurricane Fork General Baptist Church.
He served in the U.S. Army from 1959 to 1964.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Daniel Cook of Jackson; three daughters, Debbie Newell of Oak Ridge, Robin Macke of Jackson, Teresa Jordan of Marble Hill; a brother, Billy Cook of St. Louis; two sisters, Shirley Owen and Jewell Cook of Marble Hill; nine grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his father, mother, a brother and three grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill and from 10 a.m. to service time Friday at Hurricane Fork Church.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the church, with the Revs. Kenny Cook and Steven Sander officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery with full military honors provided by Missouri Military Honors Team and VFW Post 5900.