- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
James Sadler, 72, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, Oct. 5, 2004, at his home.
He was born June 13, 1932, at Oak Ridge, son of Benjamin and Nora Danenport Sadler. He and Joann May were married Feb. 23, 1952, in Piggott, Ark. She died April 27, 2004.
Sadler retired as a master sergeant with the U.S. Air Force.
Survivors include a son, Dr. Kent Sadler of San Antonio, Texas; two brothers, LeeRoy Sadler of Whitewater, Joseph Sadler of Peoria, Ill.; four sisters, Norma Peck of Berridige, Minn., Joyce Steen of Niangua, Mo., Shirley Buchanan of O'Fallon, Ill., and Janet Maevers of Cape Girardeau; and three grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a brother and four sisters.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance, Mo., at 10 a.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with Sam Ramdial officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.