- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
Margie P. Scott, 77, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Oct. 4, 2004, at her home.
She was born Jan. 10, 1927, in Oak Ridge, daughter of William C. and Flossie Clingingsmith Roberts. She and Harold Scott were married April 6, 1946, in Cape Girardeau. He died Nov. 25, 1992.
Scott was a graduate of Jackson High School. She worked for American Optical five years, and at Mid-South Steel Products 35 years. She was a member of Red Star Baptist Church, and had been a volunteer at Southeast Missouri Hospital since 1994.
Survivors include two daughters, Jeannie Jewell of Charlotte, Mich., Shirley Callahan of Cherryville, Mo.; three grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Cy Smith officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.