- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Margie P. Scott, 77, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Oct. 4, 2004, at her home.
She was born Jan. 10, 1927, in Oak Ridge, daughter of William C. and Flossie Clingingsmith Roberts. She and Harold Scott were married April 6, 1946, in Cape Girardeau. He died Nov. 25, 1992.
Scott was a graduate of Jackson High School. She worked for American Optical five years, and at Mid-South Steel Products 35 years. She was a member of Red Star Baptist Church, and had been a volunteer at Southeast Missouri Hospital since 1994.
Survivors include two daughters, Jeannie Jewell of Charlotte, Mich., Shirley Callahan of Cherryville, Mo.; three grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Cy Smith officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.