- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)5
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)2
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Biking article fosters understanding
To the editor:
In response to "Finding a bicycle's place on the road" by Bob Miller: Thank you for a well-balanced, well-written article. I appreciate that Miller took the time to ride a bike and try to understand the passion many of us feel when we ride. I do not understand nor appreciate the Speak Out comments, but it did point Miller to a story. Dustin and John have done a great deal to promote bicycling in the Cape Girardeau area.
St. Louis is in the process of making bike lanes in the city to create connections to the Chain of Rocks bridge.
Bicycling is a sport that is not going away. But we must learn to get along on the road together. I hope Miller's article will begin more dialogue. Thank you again.
MARY HARRIET TALBUT, Jackson