- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Biking article fosters understanding
To the editor:
In response to "Finding a bicycle's place on the road" by Bob Miller: Thank you for a well-balanced, well-written article. I appreciate that Miller took the time to ride a bike and try to understand the passion many of us feel when we ride. I do not understand nor appreciate the Speak Out comments, but it did point Miller to a story. Dustin and John have done a great deal to promote bicycling in the Cape Girardeau area.
St. Louis is in the process of making bike lanes in the city to create connections to the Chain of Rocks bridge.
Bicycling is a sport that is not going away. But we must learn to get along on the road together. I hope Miller's article will begin more dialogue. Thank you again.
MARY HARRIET TALBUT, Jackson