- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)3
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Police: Cape abduction may have ties to Georgia homicide (6/18/17)5
- 3 drown in Southeast Missouri in three days (6/16/17)
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
Biking article fosters understanding
To the editor:
In response to "Finding a bicycle's place on the road" by Bob Miller: Thank you for a well-balanced, well-written article. I appreciate that Miller took the time to ride a bike and try to understand the passion many of us feel when we ride. I do not understand nor appreciate the Speak Out comments, but it did point Miller to a story. Dustin and John have done a great deal to promote bicycling in the Cape Girardeau area.
St. Louis is in the process of making bike lanes in the city to create connections to the Chain of Rocks bridge.
Bicycling is a sport that is not going away. But we must learn to get along on the road together. I hope Miller's article will begin more dialogue. Thank you again.
MARY HARRIET TALBUT, Jackson