- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
Biking article fosters understanding
To the editor:
In response to "Finding a bicycle's place on the road" by Bob Miller: Thank you for a well-balanced, well-written article. I appreciate that Miller took the time to ride a bike and try to understand the passion many of us feel when we ride. I do not understand nor appreciate the Speak Out comments, but it did point Miller to a story. Dustin and John have done a great deal to promote bicycling in the Cape Girardeau area.
St. Louis is in the process of making bike lanes in the city to create connections to the Chain of Rocks bridge.
Bicycling is a sport that is not going away. But we must learn to get along on the road together. I hope Miller's article will begin more dialogue. Thank you again.
MARY HARRIET TALBUT, Jackson