- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Bush is resolute on major issues
To the editor:
After reading Lance Hahn's letter, I can safely assume that he'll vote for President Bush, as will I, for the same reasons. Bush has stood resolute on the major issues, whereas John Kerry has not. Kerry shifts gears so much he'd wear out the transmission in a Kenworth.
And, as Hahn has said, Kerry's values are not in the mainstream, especially here in Missouri. In August, we spoke loud and clear that we want a marriage amendment to clearly define marriage as being between a man and a woman. We also oppose partial-birth abortion. We also feel that anyone who says he supports our troops but then says no to funding to provide for their safety is not looking out for them, but is really putting them in harm's way. What does Kerry want them to fight with? Spitballs? Or take a knife to a gunfight?
TONY REDDICK, Cape Girardeau