- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)21
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Two men crack market with local cage-free eggs (2/26/17)11
Bush is resolute on major issues
To the editor:
After reading Lance Hahn's letter, I can safely assume that he'll vote for President Bush, as will I, for the same reasons. Bush has stood resolute on the major issues, whereas John Kerry has not. Kerry shifts gears so much he'd wear out the transmission in a Kenworth.
And, as Hahn has said, Kerry's values are not in the mainstream, especially here in Missouri. In August, we spoke loud and clear that we want a marriage amendment to clearly define marriage as being between a man and a woman. We also oppose partial-birth abortion. We also feel that anyone who says he supports our troops but then says no to funding to provide for their safety is not looking out for them, but is really putting them in harm's way. What does Kerry want them to fight with? Spitballs? Or take a knife to a gunfight?
TONY REDDICK, Cape Girardeau