- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
Bush is resolute on major issues
To the editor:
After reading Lance Hahn's letter, I can safely assume that he'll vote for President Bush, as will I, for the same reasons. Bush has stood resolute on the major issues, whereas John Kerry has not. Kerry shifts gears so much he'd wear out the transmission in a Kenworth.
And, as Hahn has said, Kerry's values are not in the mainstream, especially here in Missouri. In August, we spoke loud and clear that we want a marriage amendment to clearly define marriage as being between a man and a woman. We also oppose partial-birth abortion. We also feel that anyone who says he supports our troops but then says no to funding to provide for their safety is not looking out for them, but is really putting them in harm's way. What does Kerry want them to fight with? Spitballs? Or take a knife to a gunfight?
TONY REDDICK, Cape Girardeau