- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
Bush is resolute on major issues
To the editor:
After reading Lance Hahn's letter, I can safely assume that he'll vote for President Bush, as will I, for the same reasons. Bush has stood resolute on the major issues, whereas John Kerry has not. Kerry shifts gears so much he'd wear out the transmission in a Kenworth.
And, as Hahn has said, Kerry's values are not in the mainstream, especially here in Missouri. In August, we spoke loud and clear that we want a marriage amendment to clearly define marriage as being between a man and a woman. We also oppose partial-birth abortion. We also feel that anyone who says he supports our troops but then says no to funding to provide for their safety is not looking out for them, but is really putting them in harm's way. What does Kerry want them to fight with? Spitballs? Or take a knife to a gunfight?
TONY REDDICK, Cape Girardeau