- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Near miss: Woman 'lucky' following train incident (8/16/17)
Bush is resolute on major issues
To the editor:
After reading Lance Hahn's letter, I can safely assume that he'll vote for President Bush, as will I, for the same reasons. Bush has stood resolute on the major issues, whereas John Kerry has not. Kerry shifts gears so much he'd wear out the transmission in a Kenworth.
And, as Hahn has said, Kerry's values are not in the mainstream, especially here in Missouri. In August, we spoke loud and clear that we want a marriage amendment to clearly define marriage as being between a man and a woman. We also oppose partial-birth abortion. We also feel that anyone who says he supports our troops but then says no to funding to provide for their safety is not looking out for them, but is really putting them in harm's way. What does Kerry want them to fight with? Spitballs? Or take a knife to a gunfight?
TONY REDDICK, Cape Girardeau