- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Southeast golfers finish 3rd at Murray
MURRAY, Ky. -- Southeast Missouri State University's golf team had a strong showing at the Murray State Invitational, finishing third among 10 squads in the 54-hole event that concluded Tuesday.
Murray State won with a score of 857, followed by Morehead State (867) and Southeast (869).
Senior Matt Hillis led the Indians by placing second at 2-under-par 211. He had a 2-under 69 in the final round. Hillis had his third straight top-six finish of the fall season.
Also for Southeast, sophomore Mark Schmitz was 10th (3-over 216), sophomore Zack Decker tied for 25th (12-over 225), and senior Brandon Couch and sophomore Ryan McNiel tied for 28th place (13-over 226).
SIU's Kyle Hosick won the individual title at 5-under 208.