- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Man injured after car hits horse
An Altenburg, Mo., man sustained moderate injuries at 4:50 p.m. Monday after he struck a horse on U.S. 61 near Fruitland.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Daryl Preusser, 44, was taken by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau for treatment of moderate injuries. After his 1980 Ford Fiesta struck the horse, it left the side of the road and struck a tree.