- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Roy R. Skaggs, 95, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Nov. 2, 2008, at the Lutheran Home.
He was born July 5, 1913, in Perry County, Mo., son of Raymond and Elizabeth McDowell Skaggs. He and Ruby A. Hand were married July 25, 1935. She died Nov. 29, 1986.
Skaggs worked at International/Florsheim Shoe Co. He was a member of First Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau, Masonic Lodge and Eastern Star in Perryville, Mo.
Survivors include a son, Calvin Skaggs of New York City; a daughter, Wanda Louden of Jackson; a brother, Paul Skaggs of St. Louis; two grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two sisters and a brother.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Saturday at Shawnee Hills Baptist Church in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the church, with the Rev. Don Estes officiating. Burial will be in Home Cemetery in Perryville.
Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville is in charge of arrangements.