- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
CHAFFEE, Mo. — David Pepple, 76, of Chaffee died Sunday, Nov. 2, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Aug. 6, 1932, in Bernie, Mo., son of David K. and Dessie M. Holt Pepple. He and Maxine Finch were married Aug. 8, 1954.
Pepple retired as an engineer with Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway. He was a member of First United Methodist Church in Chaffee, was an adult Sunday school teacher many years and was a member of Scott City Promise Keepers.
He was an electronics instructor in the U.S. Air Force.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, David Pepple of Chaffee, Daniel Pepple of Pineville, La.; two daughters, Linda Pepple of Oxford, Fla., Brenda Pepple of Chaffee; seven grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. Friday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at First United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Frank Hustead officiating. Burial will be in Dexter Cemetery.