- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. — David Pepple, 76, of Chaffee died Sunday, Nov. 2, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Aug. 6, 1932, in Bernie, Mo., son of David K. and Dessie M. Holt Pepple. He and Maxine Finch were married Aug. 8, 1954.
Pepple retired as an engineer with Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway. He was a member of First United Methodist Church in Chaffee, was an adult Sunday school teacher many years and was a member of Scott City Promise Keepers.
He was an electronics instructor in the U.S. Air Force.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, David Pepple of Chaffee, Daniel Pepple of Pineville, La.; two daughters, Linda Pepple of Oxford, Fla., Brenda Pepple of Chaffee; seven grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. Friday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at First United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Frank Hustead officiating. Burial will be in Dexter Cemetery.