- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Ivan Parker III
ADVANCE, Mo. — Ivan Henry Parker III, 84, of Advance died Sunday, Nov. 2, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born March 19, 1924, in San Francisco, son of Ivan Henry and Vivienne Sager Parker Jr. He and Doris G. Loida were married Nov. 20, 1953, in Marburg, Germany.
Parker was retired from the U.S. Army. He was a veteran of World War II, the Korean War and the Vietnam War.
He was a lifetime member of Advance VFW Post 7750, and a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Advance.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Diane Coyne of Novato, Calif.; a sister, Valerie Henderson of Kentville, Calif.; three grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
Graveside service will be held at 3 p.m. Wednesday at Missouri State Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield, Mo., with full military rites. The Rev. David Dohogne will officiate.
Morgan Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.