- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Natalie Ann Wood, 10, of Jackson joined her heavenly father Sunday, Nov. 2, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born April 2, 1998, in Orlando, Fla., daughter of Eddie and Maggie Whitener Wood.
Natalie attended fifth grade at West Lane Elementary School in Jackson. She was on the A Honor Roll and sang in the choir.
She was a member of New McKendree United Methodist Church in Jackson, where she was active in kid's choir, tae kwon do and YES Group (Young Enthusiastic Spirits).
Natalie had an extensive collection of frogs — figurines, stuffed toys and pictures. She liked to swim and previously swam competitively with the Jackson Barracudas and SEALS. Her favorite pastimes were being outdoors, riding her bike and scooter, singing and dancing along to her favorite music, and playing with family and friends.
Loving survivors include her parents, Eddie and Maggie; brothers, Benton (fiancée, Mindi Armes) and Cameron, all of Jackson.
Maternal survivors include grandparents, Len (Jane) Whitener of Cape Girardeau, Lois (Larry) Patrick of Frohna, Mo., great-grandmother, Florence (the late William) King of St. Charles, Mo., and aunts, Gina (Scott) Hobeck of Millersville, Becky Whitener of Jackson, Nicky (Jeff) Wendel of Sedgewickville, Mo., and several loving cousins.
Paternal survivors include a great-aunt, Mildred Miget of Cape Girardeau, an uncle, Thomas Wood Jr. (Pearl) of McClure, Ill., two aunts, Janet Klenn (Jerry) of Doniphan, Mo., Cindy Huffman (Willard) of Whitewater, and several loving cousins.
She was preceded in death by a fraternal twin; a dear cousin, Brandy Hobeck of Millersville; paternal grandparents, Thomas and Dorothy Wood of Cape Girardeau; and a paternal aunt, Carol Wood of Orlando.
Visitation will be from 4 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. John Rice officiating. Burial will follow in New Salem Cemetery near Daisy.
Memorials may be sent to New McKendree UMC Youth Groups or to Natalie's family, c/o Eddie and Maggie Wood, 169 Lyndon Drive, Jackson, Mo., 63755.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.