- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
THEBES, Ill. -- Richard Dwain Bennett, 67, of Wheatfield, Ind., died suddenly Friday, Oct. 1, 2004, at Porter Memorial Hospital.
He was born July 8, 1937, at Thebes, son of Richard Hugh and Zelva Dunning Bennett. He and Shirley Simpkins were married Aug. 24, 1957.
Bennett was a maintenance mechanic with Owens Corning Fiberglas of Valparaiso, Ind., and for Donaldson Corp. of Rensselaer, Ind., retiring in August 2003.
He was a member of Shelby Assembly of God Church, NRA, Indiana Sheriff's Association and American Crappie Association.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Randy Bennett of Francesville, Ind.; a daughter, Marie Pierce of Wheatfield; his mother of Tamms, Ill.; a sister, Celeste Mann of Tamms; six grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his father and two sisters.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. today at Boersma Funeral Home in Wheatfield. Gary Ownby will officiate. Burial will be in Graceland Cemetery in Valparaiso.
Announcement courtesy of Jones Funeral Home in Tamms.