- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
COBDEN, Ill. -- Donald Joe Smith, 69, of Cobden died Sunday, Oct. 3, 2004, at his home.
He was born Oct. 20, 1934, at Cobden, son of Herbert L. and Edith Smith. He and Pat Whitney were married March 12, 1966, in Cobden.
Smith was retired from Choate Mental Health and Development Center and Heartland Harvest.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Army.
Survivors include his wife; a sister, Juanita Williams of Anna, Ill.; two brothers, Carl Smith of Elkville, Ill., and Dennis Smith of Anna.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Cobden from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Gene Hart officiating. Burial will be in Cobden Cemetery.