- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)4
Kerry stakes out strong Iraq plan
To the editor:
In the first presidential debate, I was hoping to hear two things. First, I wanted to hear John Kerry lay out his plans for the future of Iraq and for winning the war on terror. I wasn't disappointed. Kerry staked out a strong plan for peace in Iraq as well as the rest of the world.
In light of all of George Bush's lies, it was so refreshing to hear Kerry tell the truth about Iraq and bring to light the failed policies of the Bush administration. Every newspaper in our great nation should officially endorse Kerry for president in 2004.
DAVID FERRELL, Kennett, Mo.