- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)2
- Area restaurants plan for those observing Lent on Valentine's Day (2/12/18)
Kerry stakes out strong Iraq plan
To the editor:
In the first presidential debate, I was hoping to hear two things. First, I wanted to hear John Kerry lay out his plans for the future of Iraq and for winning the war on terror. I wasn't disappointed. Kerry staked out a strong plan for peace in Iraq as well as the rest of the world.
In light of all of George Bush's lies, it was so refreshing to hear Kerry tell the truth about Iraq and bring to light the failed policies of the Bush administration. Every newspaper in our great nation should officially endorse Kerry for president in 2004.
DAVID FERRELL, Kennett, Mo.