- Updated: Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/21/16)2
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)5
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
Kerry stakes out strong Iraq plan
To the editor:
In the first presidential debate, I was hoping to hear two things. First, I wanted to hear John Kerry lay out his plans for the future of Iraq and for winning the war on terror. I wasn't disappointed. Kerry staked out a strong plan for peace in Iraq as well as the rest of the world.
In light of all of George Bush's lies, it was so refreshing to hear Kerry tell the truth about Iraq and bring to light the failed policies of the Bush administration. Every newspaper in our great nation should officially endorse Kerry for president in 2004.
DAVID FERRELL, Kennett, Mo.