- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Fire displaces family of seven (12/5/17)1
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
Kerry stakes out strong Iraq plan
To the editor:
In the first presidential debate, I was hoping to hear two things. First, I wanted to hear John Kerry lay out his plans for the future of Iraq and for winning the war on terror. I wasn't disappointed. Kerry staked out a strong plan for peace in Iraq as well as the rest of the world.
In light of all of George Bush's lies, it was so refreshing to hear Kerry tell the truth about Iraq and bring to light the failed policies of the Bush administration. Every newspaper in our great nation should officially endorse Kerry for president in 2004.
DAVID FERRELL, Kennett, Mo.