- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)1
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
Debate sent a strong message
To the editor:
Perhaps the president's poor performance in the first debate was really a ruse to lower the expectations for the remaining debates. Deviousness and deceit are not desirable substitutes for calm, intelligent reasoning in our president. The message is: Anybody but Bush.
JOHN WEEMS, Frohna, Mo.