- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Georger - McNutt
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Sarah JoAnn Georger and Thomas Anthony McNutt were married May 3, 2008, at St. Joseph Catholic Church. The Rev. David Dohogne performed the ceremony. Music was by Trio Girardeaux.
Parents of the couple are Gary and Helen Georger of Advance, and Tom and Mary McNutt of Barnhart, Mo.
Matrons of honor were Karen Owens of Scituate, Mass., and Katrina Shoemaker of Oran, Mo., sisters of the bride. Bridesmaids were Amy Pohlman of Bowling Green, Ky., cousin of the bride; Julie Welch and Jenny Brandt of St. Louis.
The groom chose his brothers, Jeff and Kevin McNutt of Barnhart as best men. Groomsmen were Billy Basler of Fairview Heights, Ill., Timmy Basler of St. Louis, and Mike Tranchilla of Omaha, Neb. Ushers were Brian Bader of St. Louis and Joe Coleman of Festus, Mo.
Candlelighter was Rebecca Reed of St. Louis, cousin of the bride.
Flower girls were Dixie Shoemaker of Oran, niece of the bride, and Mallory McNutt of Barnhart, niece of the groom. Ringbearers were Jacob Shoemaker of Oran and Wyatt Owens of Scituate, nephews of the bride.
The reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner May 2 at Bella Italia in Cape Girardeau.
Mrs. McNutt is a 2001 graduate of Advance High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in communications from Southeast Missouri State University in 2005. She is a sales consultant with AT&T Mobility in St. Louis.
The groom is a 2000 graduate of St. Pius X High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in marketing management from Southeast in 2006. He is an assistant manager with Bank of America in St. Louis.
After a wedding trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, the couple is residing in Herculaneum, Mo.