- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
What's happening today 11/2/08
Fall festival and dinner
St. Joseph Parish of Apple Creek in Perryville, Mo., will hold a fall festival and buffet-style dinner with pork sausage, backbone and sauerkraut, chicken and dumplings and all the trimmings from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. There will be a country store. Discounted price for children 6 to 12.
Freedom of Road Riders toy run
A Freedom of Road Riders event will begin with a 1 p.m. parade at the Cape Eagles Club. Sign in between noon and 1 p.m. Entry fee is one toy and one nonperishable food item.
Hanover Lutheran Men's Club holds sausage supper
Abuffet-style meal of whole hog sausage, potatoes, kraut, green beans, bread, apple butter, dessert and drink will be served buffet style at the Hanover Lutheran Church Men's Club sausage supper beginning at 3:30 p.m. Children 5 and younger eat free. The church is at 2949 Perryville Road in Cape Girardeau. Call 335-8583 for more information. Carryouts will be available.
Fall dinner and country store
Turkey, chicken and dressing, sweet and buttered potatoes, corn, slaw, green beans, drink and homemade desserts are on the menu from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at St. Lawrence Parish Center in New Hamburg, Mo. Children 5 and younger eat free.