- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Brackin - Spooler
Susan Elizabeth Brackin and Ronald Eugene Spooler were married Aug. 16, 2008, at Centenary United Methodist Church. The Rev. Jeff Long performed the ceremony. Liturgist was Mark Brackin of Cooter, Mo., brother of the bride. Beverly Reece of Cape Girardeau was organist and pianist.
The bride is the daughter of Buford and Sharion Brackin of Steele, Mo., and Nita Brackin of Cape Girardeau. Jerald and Joann Spooler of Jackson are parents of the groom.
Matron of honor was Jodi Lee of Scott City.
Mark Statler of Jackson was best man. Ushers were Joe Brackin of Blytheville, Ark., brother of the bride, and Clyde Shafer of Metropolis, Ill.
Hilary Michelson, niece of the groom, attended the guest book.
The reception was held in the church's Family Life Center. Servers were Sandy Ladd and Donna Michelson, sisters of the groom; Trish Shafer and Lauren Bullinger.
Mrs. Spooler received a bachelor of arts degree from Arkansas State University in 1995. She is a medical transcriptionist at Cape Girardeau Urology Associates.
The groom is a 1983 graduate of Jackson High School. He is employed at Auto Tire and Parts.
After a wedding trip to Branson and Springfield, Mo., the couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.