- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
Senate hopefuls set broadcast debate
COLUMBIA, Mo. -- The only scheduled broadcast debate of Missouri's U.S. Senate campaign is set for Oct. 12 at the University of Missouri-Columbia.
Republican incumbent Kit Bond and Democratic challenger Nancy Farmer will be joined at the university's Jesse Hall by Libertarian nominee Kevin Tull and Constitution Party nominee Don Griffin, organizers said Monday.
Sponsors of the 5:30 to 7 p.m. debate said video and audio of the debate will be available to any broadcast outlet.
The candidates will be questioned by representatives of the sponsoring organizations.
Bond is seeking a fourth term. Farmer is the incumbent state treasurer.
The Senate candidates met for their first forum Sept. 10, during the convention of the Missouri Press Association in Springfield. The Bond and farmer campaigns said Monday the only other joint appearance they have agreed upon is a St. Louis event Oct. 21 sponsored by the Jewish Community Relations Council.
Organizers of the Columbia debate said 700 tickets were being distributed to local high schools, civic groups, student organizations and university staffers. They said another 100 tickets would be available at the lobby of Jesse Hall starting at 4:30 p.m. the day of the debate.