- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)30
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Sister: Shooting victim died a hero (9/30/16)9
- Perryville couple arrested on felony drug charges after sting operation (9/29/16)
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
Senate hopefuls set broadcast debate
COLUMBIA, Mo. -- The only scheduled broadcast debate of Missouri's U.S. Senate campaign is set for Oct. 12 at the University of Missouri-Columbia.
Republican incumbent Kit Bond and Democratic challenger Nancy Farmer will be joined at the university's Jesse Hall by Libertarian nominee Kevin Tull and Constitution Party nominee Don Griffin, organizers said Monday.
Sponsors of the 5:30 to 7 p.m. debate said video and audio of the debate will be available to any broadcast outlet.
The candidates will be questioned by representatives of the sponsoring organizations.
Bond is seeking a fourth term. Farmer is the incumbent state treasurer.
The Senate candidates met for their first forum Sept. 10, during the convention of the Missouri Press Association in Springfield. The Bond and farmer campaigns said Monday the only other joint appearance they have agreed upon is a St. Louis event Oct. 21 sponsored by the Jewish Community Relations Council.
Organizers of the Columbia debate said 700 tickets were being distributed to local high schools, civic groups, student organizations and university staffers. They said another 100 tickets would be available at the lobby of Jesse Hall starting at 4:30 p.m. the day of the debate.