- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
McClanahan - Spalding
Betty Ann McClanahan and Joseph Wayne Spalding exchanged vows June 27, 2008, at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Scott City. The Rev. Oliver Clavin performed the ceremony. Pianist was Christy Bohn and guitarist was Rick Bohn, both of Scott City. Soloist was David "Coop" Dirnberger of New Hamburg, Mo.
The bride is the daughter of Carrie McClanahan of Pilot Knob, Mo., and the late Elmer McClanahan. The groom is the son of Lois Spalding of Benton, Mo., and the late Joe "Amos" Spalding.
Matron of honor was Donna Boyd of Scott City. Bridesmaid was Molly McClanahan, daughter of Don and Carmen McClanahan of Ironton, Mo., and niece of the bride.
John Spalding of Benton served his brother as best man. Groomsman was Justin Spalding of Bowling Green, Ky., son of the groom. Ushers were Andrew McClanahan of Ironton, nephew of the bride; Joseph Spalding of Bowling Green, son of the groom; and Gregory Schwartz of Cape Girardeau, nephew of the groom.
Candlelighters were Marisa and Macy Hall, daughters of Curtis and Vickie Hall of Scott City.
Guest book attendants were Chelsey and Taylor Schaefer, daughters of Tim and Kelly Schaefer of Scott City.
A dinner and dance reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Scott City.
The rehearsal dinner was held June 26 at the home of Becky and Charlie Schwartz of Chaffee, sister and brother-in-law of the groom.
Mrs. Spalding is a teacher at St. Joseph School in Scott City.
The groom is employed at Joe Spalding Trucking in Benton.
After a wedding trip to Branson, Mo., the couple is residing in Scott City.