Cape Girardeau Public Library's November schedule
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Cape Public Library November schedule. To register for events or get more information, call 334-5279, visit the Information Desk at the library or go online at the www.capelibrary.org.
* The Scrapbooking Club meets in the library meeting area from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday. Bring your materials. The club meets the second Saturday monthly. Join anytime.
* Chief Paul White Eagle will present a family-oriented program on musical instruments used by American Indians at 2 p.m. Nov. 9. Information on rattles and flutes will be the main focus. White Eagle is associated with the AhNiYvWiYa Tribe of Missouri.
* The Library will be closed Nov. 11 for Veterans Day, Nov. 11 and Nov. 27 for Thanksgiving.
* Registration deadline to make a Christmas Card Basket to hold lightweight items is Nov. 12. Baskets will be made from 10 a.m. to noon Nov. 15.
* The book discussion group will discuss the national best-seller and Pulitzer Prize-winning novel "Empire Falls," by Richard Russo at 7 p.m. Nov. 18. Copies of the book are available now and may be checked out at the Information desk with a valid library card.
* Registration deadline to make an aluminum leaf garland is Nov. 26. Garland will be made at 7 p.m. Dec. 1.
* Registration deadline to make antique photo postcard ornaments and pierced paper hearts is Dec. 3. A small fee may apply. The craft will be made from 10 a.m. to noon Dec. 6.
* February brings the annual City Wide Read event, which invites citizens to read and discuss the same book. The book selection for the monthlong event is "A Long Way Gone" by Ishmael Beah. The library has copies available now. Get a head start by checking one out today.