- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Stephen G. Statler, 49, of Perryville, formerly of Marble Hill, Mo., died Friday, Oct. 31, 2008, in Marble Hill.
He was born June 29, 1959, at Lutesville, Mo., son of Claude and Patricia R. Slinkard Statler. He and Debra Workman were married Sept. 8, 2000.
Statler worked in maintenance at Gilster-Mary Lee in Perryville. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army and a member of the First Pentecostal Church of Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include his wife; one son, James Statler of Illinois; two brothers, Michael Statler of Jackson and Dan Statler of Perryville; and a sister, Pat "Sissy" Shrum of Marble Hill.
He was preceded in death by his father, his mother and a brother.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral chapel, with Dr. John Englehart, the Rev. Frank Shanks and the Rev. Darrell Faire officiating. Burial in Crader Cemetery near Marble Hill.