- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
COBDEN, Ill. -- Polly M. Williams, 81, of Cobden died Thursday, Oct. 30, 2008, at Memorial Hospital of Carbondale, Ill.
She was born Aug. 27, 1927, in Makanda, Ill., daughter of Joseph Wesley and Dorothy Hogg Hawk. She and Harry E. Williams were married April 9, 1947, at Makanda. He died June 16, 2004.
Survivors include four children, Jane Stowers of Benton, Ill., Dorothy Whaley of Bruceton, Tenn., Pearl Williams of Cobden, Cheryl Ragsdale of Tamms, Ill.; several grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, three brothers and a sister.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Monday at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Cobden.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Donald Fisher officiating. Burial will be in Cobden Cemetery.