- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Victor Self Sr.
MARBLE HILL, Mo.-- Victor Joseph Self Sr., 84, of Marble Hill died Thursday, Oct. 30, 2008, at his home.
He was born July 30, 1924, in St. Louis, son of Cleveland and Elizabeth Bittick Self. He and Rita Barylski were married in 1947 in St. Louis.
Self had worked at Nabisco Brands in St. Louis. He moved to Bollinger County in 1979. He was a member of St. John's Catholic Church.
He served in the U.S. Navy during World War II.
Survivors include four sons, Daniel Self of St. Charles, Mo., Michael Self of St. Peters, Mo., Victor Self Jr. of Marble Hill, John Self of Hazelwood, Mo.; a brother, Elmer Self of St. Louis; 12 grandchildren; and eight great- grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his wife and a grandchild.
A graveside service will be held at 10 a.m. Monday at Missouri State Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield, with Walter Biri officiating. Military rites will be conducted by Military Honors Team.
Hutchings Funeral Chapel in Marble Hill is in charge of arrangements.