- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)11
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Homesick for 'best place to live'
To the editor:
Joe Sullivan ("Greener pastures near to home") is so right about the best place to live. I've been around, and give me Southeast Missouri every time. Having been born and reared in Cape Girardeau makes me homesick, especially this time of year. I have been a Poplar Bluffian since 1957, which is fine and dandy too. There will be 77 of us at the Cape Girardeau Country Club to reunite and celebrate as 1948 Tigers next weekend. That's a special time to be from Cape too.
PAUL SHAWAN, Poplar Bluff, Mo.