- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
Homesick for 'best place to live'
To the editor:
Joe Sullivan ("Greener pastures near to home") is so right about the best place to live. I've been around, and give me Southeast Missouri every time. Having been born and reared in Cape Girardeau makes me homesick, especially this time of year. I have been a Poplar Bluffian since 1957, which is fine and dandy too. There will be 77 of us at the Cape Girardeau Country Club to reunite and celebrate as 1948 Tigers next weekend. That's a special time to be from Cape too.
PAUL SHAWAN, Poplar Bluff, Mo.