- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Homesick for 'best place to live'
To the editor:
Joe Sullivan ("Greener pastures near to home") is so right about the best place to live. I've been around, and give me Southeast Missouri every time. Having been born and reared in Cape Girardeau makes me homesick, especially this time of year. I have been a Poplar Bluffian since 1957, which is fine and dandy too. There will be 77 of us at the Cape Girardeau Country Club to reunite and celebrate as 1948 Tigers next weekend. That's a special time to be from Cape too.
PAUL SHAWAN, Poplar Bluff, Mo.