- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)19
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)14
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
Homesick for 'best place to live'
To the editor:
Joe Sullivan ("Greener pastures near to home") is so right about the best place to live. I've been around, and give me Southeast Missouri every time. Having been born and reared in Cape Girardeau makes me homesick, especially this time of year. I have been a Poplar Bluffian since 1957, which is fine and dandy too. There will be 77 of us at the Cape Girardeau Country Club to reunite and celebrate as 1948 Tigers next weekend. That's a special time to be from Cape too.
PAUL SHAWAN, Poplar Bluff, Mo.