- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Three die in early morning crash on I-55 near Scott City
An early morning one-vehicle accident on Interstate 55 has claimed the lives of three people, according to Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter.
The accident has closed a lane of traffic on northbound I-55, but both lanes of traffic are now flowing normally, according to a Missouri Department of Transportation news release.
All three people who died were not from the area, Walter said. The accident occurred shortly after 8 a.m. at mile marker 86.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol crash team is investigating. More information on this accident will be updated throughout the day at semissourian.com and in Wednesday's edition of the Southeast Missourian.