- Emergency c-section on dead mother saves baby following I-55 wreck (05/15/16)19
- Big drug haul made during Cape Girardeau bust (05/17/16)11
- Police charge Perryville man with statutory rape of two underage girls (05/17/16)
- Teen shot outside apartment off Lorimier Street (05/20/16)39
- Body found Thursday at Ranney Park in Cape (05/20/16)10
- Bollinger County deputies bust man on meth-for-sex sting (05/20/16)2
- Area farmer pleads guilty to fraud (05/18/16)1
- Perryville man accused of grabbing woman around throat, pulling out her hair (05/18/16)1
- Charleston man accused of fatally shooting Cape teen (05/22/16)24
- Vandals ravage historic Shivelbine house before demolition (05/18/16)25
Two from Florida, one from Missouri killed in Interstate 55 crash
Police have now released the identities of three men killed this morning in a crash on Interstate 55 near Benton, Mo.
Killed in the crash were Jeffrey K. Darling, 18, of French Village, Mo., Adam P. Rumsey, 35, and Seth N. Rumsey, 25, both of Orlando, Fla., according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
The single-vehicle accident occurred around 6:15 a.m., on Interstate 55 northbound about four miles south of Scott City.
A passer-by reported seeing the vehicle, a 2007 Dodge pickup with out-of-state plates and towing a U-Haul, careen down the embankment into the median, which has steep sides, said patrol spokesman Sgt. Dale Moreland.
All three passengers were pronounced dead at the scene by Scott County Coroner Scott Amick.