- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Mother charged after toddler falls out of moving car (7/29/16)2
- Seeking new history: Centurion Development buys former Woolworth building at 1 N. Main St. (7/28/16)5
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape to get small-market ride-sharing service carGO (7/29/16)8
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
Two from Florida, one from Missouri killed in Interstate 55 crash
Police have now released the identities of three men killed this morning in a crash on Interstate 55 near Benton, Mo.
Killed in the crash were Jeffrey K. Darling, 18, of French Village, Mo., Adam P. Rumsey, 35, and Seth N. Rumsey, 25, both of Orlando, Fla., according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
The single-vehicle accident occurred around 6:15 a.m., on Interstate 55 northbound about four miles south of Scott City.
A passer-by reported seeing the vehicle, a 2007 Dodge pickup with out-of-state plates and towing a U-Haul, careen down the embankment into the median, which has steep sides, said patrol spokesman Sgt. Dale Moreland.
All three passengers were pronounced dead at the scene by Scott County Coroner Scott Amick.