- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)6
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Tiny Toes Lunch-n-Learn
The Family Resource Center has opened her doors yet again to serve the public. This time with programming targeted to parents and caregivers of younger children, birth to school age. The Centers hope is to bring Cape area resources to the parents and caregivers aiding in their ability to build stronger families while raising stronger/healthier children with a weekly snack-n-learn program offered every Wednesday from 9:30 to 11:30 am. Giving the parents/caregivers an opportunity to gather with their peers, have a play date with the children, gain information and resources from outside agencies and organizations, while having a nutritional snack and possibly winning a door prize.
We are currently partnered with Success by Six and the Cape Library, and welcome any one else who may be interested in presenting their programming or information.
Were asking for your help in spreading the word within the community. Not only to individuals within our targeted group, but to agencies and organizations who have a message to share with the community and would like to use the resource center and the Tiny Toes Snack-n-Learn programming as a meeting place.
The first Tiny Toes Snack-n- Learn meeting will be held Wednesday November 5th, 2008 in the Red Bird Auditorium at the Cape Area Family Resource Center. It is open to the public and completely "FREE" of cost. Feel free to contact Michelle Wallace at 334-8170 with any questions.