- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Harbor Freight Tools store coming to Cape (3/29/17)7
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Cape school board rejects proposal to allow parochial-school students to play sports (3/28/17)79
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
Tiny Toes Lunch-n-Learn
The Family Resource Center has opened her doors yet again to serve the public. This time with programming targeted to parents and caregivers of younger children, birth to school age. The Centers hope is to bring Cape area resources to the parents and caregivers aiding in their ability to build stronger families while raising stronger/healthier children with a weekly snack-n-learn program offered every Wednesday from 9:30 to 11:30 am. Giving the parents/caregivers an opportunity to gather with their peers, have a play date with the children, gain information and resources from outside agencies and organizations, while having a nutritional snack and possibly winning a door prize.
We are currently partnered with Success by Six and the Cape Library, and welcome any one else who may be interested in presenting their programming or information.
Were asking for your help in spreading the word within the community. Not only to individuals within our targeted group, but to agencies and organizations who have a message to share with the community and would like to use the resource center and the Tiny Toes Snack-n-Learn programming as a meeting place.
The first Tiny Toes Snack-n- Learn meeting will be held Wednesday November 5th, 2008 in the Red Bird Auditorium at the Cape Area Family Resource Center. It is open to the public and completely "FREE" of cost. Feel free to contact Michelle Wallace at 334-8170 with any questions.