- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)3
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)3
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Jackson School District giving away bricks from 'Old A' building (6/23/17)2
Tiny Toes Lunch-n-Learn
The Family Resource Center has opened her doors yet again to serve the public. This time with programming targeted to parents and caregivers of younger children, birth to school age. The Centers hope is to bring Cape area resources to the parents and caregivers aiding in their ability to build stronger families while raising stronger/healthier children with a weekly snack-n-learn program offered every Wednesday from 9:30 to 11:30 am. Giving the parents/caregivers an opportunity to gather with their peers, have a play date with the children, gain information and resources from outside agencies and organizations, while having a nutritional snack and possibly winning a door prize.
We are currently partnered with Success by Six and the Cape Library, and welcome any one else who may be interested in presenting their programming or information.
Were asking for your help in spreading the word within the community. Not only to individuals within our targeted group, but to agencies and organizations who have a message to share with the community and would like to use the resource center and the Tiny Toes Snack-n-Learn programming as a meeting place.
The first Tiny Toes Snack-n- Learn meeting will be held Wednesday November 5th, 2008 in the Red Bird Auditorium at the Cape Area Family Resource Center. It is open to the public and completely "FREE" of cost. Feel free to contact Michelle Wallace at 334-8170 with any questions.